D-Wave Systems Inc.
3033 Beta Ave
Burnaby, BC V5G 4M9
Telephone (604) 630-1428 Facsimile (604) 630-1434
EXPERIMENTAL PHYSICIST (PhD)
Company operating name: D-Wave Systems Inc.
Business address: 3033 Beta Avenue, Burnaby, BC V5G 4M9
Title of position: Experimental Physicist (PhD)
Terms of employment: Permanent Full Time
Wage: $90,000 - $100,000
Benefits: A competitive benefits package including Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D and STD coverage is included
Location: This role will be based in Burnaby, British Columbia
Contact information: Interested applicants are welcome to apply at http://www.dwavesys.com/careers/
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who will do whatever it takes to ensure success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special.
D-Wave is working to radically change what it is possible to do with computers. Our mission is to integrate new discoveries in physics and computer science into new breakthrough approaches to computation. We are committed to commercializing quantum computers. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave Two, is built around a novel type of superconducting quantum processor. D-Wave Two systems are currently in use by on-line customers and by customers in the field such as NASA & Google.
Within this challenging and exciting position, you will be responsible for identifying and solving problems, arising in the design, development, and performance of advanced superconducting quantum optimization processors.
• Design, test, and analyze quantum information processors.
• Design and implement novel experiments to debug and develop hardware.
• Develop a code base for calibrating and operating processors.
• Document experimental results in a clear manner.
• Communicate with internal teams such as marketing, intellectual property, and engineering.
• Ph.D. in experimental physics
• Recent Post Doc or Research Experience
• Experience in superconducting quantum computing and digital circuitry (such as SFQ logic)
• Strong software engineering skills related to data acquisition, experimental design and data analysis
• Proven ability to publish results of experimental work in peer reviewed journals
• Experience working with dilution refrigerators, and low noise electronics and measurements
• Experience with or willingness to learn LISP
• Highly motivated to work with practical quantum computing systems
• Creative, energetic, self-motivated individual who can work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Able to work in a time-sensitive environment on a wide variety of problems
• Excellent communication skills
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
D-Wave Systems Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.