Step 1: Learn more about the FCR Loan
- Book an appointment with a Case Managers to discuss your plans in a confidential one-on-one meeting.
- Forms to be submitted at your initial appointment:
- Registration Form (available upon booking an appointment)
- 2 pieces of ID
- Foreign credentials/designation
- Current resume, if available
Step 2: Map out an Accreditation Plan
- Research the Canadian labour market and use the information to map out your own Accreditation Plan.
- Collect the required documents as outlined in the Loan Application Checklist
- Forms to be completed and submitted:
- Loan Application Form with required documents;
- Signed Client Accreditation Plan;
- Needs Assessment Form; and
- Preliminary Financial Assessment Form.
If you are experiencing difficulty in drafting an Accreditation Plan or navigating through the Foreign Credential Recognition system, your Case Managers will provide guidance.
Step 3: Submit Application
- The FCR Loan Project accepts and processes applications ongoing throughout the year. So, once you are ready to submit your application, together with all of the necessary documentations, you can schedule another meeting with your Case Managers to submit your application.
- During the meeting the Case Managers will review with you, your Accreditation Plan , or help you draft one if you don’t have a plan yet.
- Verify documentations.
- Preparing a recommendation letter to the Financial Institute
for a decision within 1-2 weeks. Please allow up to 4 weeks processing time.