Hamed came to Canada as a skilled immigrant in August 2008.
- Master of Science, Applied Mechanics from a University in Iran
- 15 years of experience as Mechanical Design Engineer in Iran
- worked as a machinist/machine operator for 2 years in Canada
Short Term Goal: to find a Mechanic CAD technician job in a manufacturing company
- went to school to develop his CAD proficiency.
- developed his job search skills and English proficiency
- completed a part-time Computer-Aided Design Technology training and was employed as a Mechanical CAD technician in a manufacturing company.
Long Term Goal: to become a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) in Canada
- completed the credentials assessment from APEGBC, which involved
- academic evaluation which includes a review of post-secondary transcripts
- completed technical examinations assigned by APEGBC
- worked as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) with an engineering firm to accomplish 1 year local engineer experience for P.Eng registration
- attended the law and ethic seminar
Hamed chose to start with Mechanic CAD technician. This job helped him to work in a mechanical design company and paved his way up to become a Mechanical Design Engineer.